Back on Track

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Dinner Parties and Snicker Doodles

My mom had a dinner party Friday night. I got there to find the usual overboard spread of hordevoures. We waited around for a while and then the rest of the guests showed up: My Grandpa and Grandma Nagy, My Aunt Anne and friends of the family Sandy, Andy and Chuck Stoner. They were very cool people, the had really cool stories, in fact the only thing you could hold against them was that they were from Indiana, which they seemed to hold against themselves. Andy said he would read my blog so I am giving him a shout, hopefully he will comment. Andy just wrote a book about Frank O'Bannon, the ex - governor of Indiana.

So my Mom is trying to make Snicker Doodles for my brothers, my Dad and I. She keeps trying but she is not getting them right. They are good but they aren't what I think of as a Snicker Doodle. The should be dense and moist, hers are light and fluffy. They are good, but not what they should be. Now there are some that say that is the correct cookie. I say they are wrong and since this is my blog, I am right! So if you have any idea how to make Snicker Doodles the way I want them, Please! Let me know.

9 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Em said...

if you had let me try this alleged snicker doodle yesterday I could still tell you that what your mom is making is what I have always made and exactly what we made in Home Ec. Mama Jess is right.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Em said...

p.s. if Andy does read this... I googled you and you came up on the first page... not the 12th. :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I do not discriminate against any baked good. Except one. Snickerdoodles. WORST. COOKIE. ON. THE. PLANET.
If you can find a recipe that would make me like that godforsaken lump of baked dough, I'd like to know about it.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Em said...

see, MG says it is a lump. Ha. I am right.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Still Searching....... said...

No, you are not right. I will show you what you are missing. Megan, have a beer. I will make you like the cookie. I will feed them to you.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such an oddball.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Still Searching....... said...

yeah, but you love me

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Em said...

Dude, friggin update and change the name of your blog... you have a job now.

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmao :-[

i agree with "em"

please update your homepage and rename it "I HAVE A JOB!"

:-P

brb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home